Quote

"A bit of fragrance always clings to the hand that gives roses"-Chinese proverb

Wednesday 28 September 2011

Getting ready for university!

Finally my bags are packed for university! Been through so much trying to get it all sorted out. From choosing pots and pans, to bedsheets or even cotton buds. Much of my stuff could really have been bought at the university itself, but being such a typical Vietnamese family, we decided to pack as if I was going to a desert. Literally, I have one massive box of ramen (which was previously 2 boxes but I told to cut down) and two bags full of more ramen. My mum also pre-marinated lots of chicken and pork ribs for me.. I'm not even sure how I'm going to fit it into the freezer when I get to uni.

I'll be moving out on saturday! 3 months ago at the beginning of my long unproductive summer holiday, I was so excited! Imagining what life would be like, away from home.. no rules!! freedom! But now that it's actually happening, I'm not sure what to make out of it. My family despite having arguments, we are pretty tightly knit. It will really be a shock to my system when I find myself on the other side of England, far, far, far away from home. Recently we have been going out as a family, to maximise time with eachother. We went to eat at a chinese restuarant the other day, it was great!

Even though it's hard to admit, I think I have been spoilt at home. I don't always do chores, I help when I can, but always bring up excuses why I can't eg.. "mum I feel so extremely tired today" Then I manage to get away with it. Yes, this does sound like a typical teen, but for a Vietnamese family, it's being badass, since they could cook and work at the age of 10. My parents always let me off, but I think it's because they want me to have a more relax and easy life, something they couldn't have when they were young. I have changed these few months though, my mum got a shock when she actually realised the baby of the house is actually moving out. I've been having some intense cooking lessons at home, now I know how to cook many dishes! For instance, now I can cook Crispy fried noodles, Char siu pork ribs, Caesar chicken, Beef steak! Some healthy soups too! I'm pretty proud about that. When I move out, despite knowing how to cook, it just won't be the same as when I have my family around helping me. Just to reassure me I'm doing it right.

My main worry, is that I'll go there and make no friends. I don't want to be the one sitting in the corner on my own..with a black cloud above my head (yes just like in animes)  If that happens, I have no choice but to turn emo. That would mean, i'd go out to restuarants on my own, go to clubs on my own, hang out in the library on my own, dance on my own.. for 3 years! Okay I think I'm overthinking things. But yes that's a worry. I hope I can meet great people I can have fun with :) If I do, then Uni should be lotsa fun!

Anyways, I'm meeting with quite a few of my friends as much as possible, since I won't be coming back to London for 3 months. Been going everywhere! Today one of my best friends are coming over, we are going to watch some movies!! I will write again when I'm at uni, to tell you how it goes! (eg whether I am a loner or not :P )

3 comments:

  1. Hello i read this..and well u have written this like 4 and half years ago...how are you doing now?soo have you graduated?i am a uni student too(a girl)...i came across your blog just yesterday when i was looking for PSH's lyrics...thankyou for the lyrics...have a nice day:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete